FHUSA Gear ABC

Thread: Little Buck Down

Little Buck Down

I got this guy this morning about 8am. Only dressed out at 120 lbs, but some good eatin'. I was using my crossdressergun. Did I say that right B2B?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice buck and no kidding it will be mighty tasty

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLE HARLEY View Post
    I got this guy this morning about 8am. Only dressed out at 120 lbs, but some good eatin'. I was using my crossdressergun. Did I say that right B2B?
    Lol, yeah, you got it close. 'Crossdresserbow.' LOL Congtrates on the buck!
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations! Nice one!

Accidental discharge from a crossbow

14606481_679556382201978_5018476120578278298_n.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOCH !!!!!!!!

That's a nice buck right there, far nicer than mine....which is still roaming around the woods somewhere.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.

If you spend some time out there you will get your buck.
    Years ago when I lived in Southern Illinois there was a group of guys all police officers from
    Cook County Sheriff's Department who would come down every year to deer hunt.
    There was one guy who just never got a deer and he would always be so miserable on the
    trip the others wanted to ban him from coming. It took 5 years but he finally shot a deer,
    it was a small spike and of coarse everyone had to hammer him because it was so small.
    The funny thing was he didn't care, he was the happiest guy you ever seen. Needless to say
    he never shot another one but after that year he was always happy.

After bow hunting (and a little firearm hunting) for the past 40 years, I've shot many deer, 98% or so with a bow. Once you've shot a few small bucks (like 1.5 to 2.5 year olds), and have a few 'basket racks' under your belt, I just don't see any reason to keep shooting them. Let them grow. If you want meat, shoot a doe, it's better meat anyway. Antlers for the wall, does for the freezer. That's just my own personal opinion, do what makes you happy.
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!