333 Tournament Trail

Thread: SPECIAL RATE, Book now!

SPECIAL RATE, Book now!

Good day all,

My name is Mike Watson and my wife, Tammy, and I are a newly established outfitter, Dead Bear Walking Outfitters Inc., in New Brunswick, Canada. There you can learn about us, what our hunting packages include, how we conduct our business and much more. I hope you check out our photos and blog while you're there.

Right now, we are currently building the lodge and will be ready to take hunters for the upcoming spring black bear season. It's going to be out of this world once finished- a 24 x 32 timber log, rustic lodge, all solar powered. It will have all the amenities of today yet take you back to when life was simple. Once you join us, you will quickly fall in love with the peacefulness that surrounds the lodge. It won't be hard to love the sound of the river or enjoy the different species of birds that are constantly at the feeders. The lodge, where our clients will stay, in tucked deep in the woods, on our 100 acre property. The river is just a stone throw away from the lodge and is the perfect spot to catch a beautiful brook trout or a nice smallmouth bass.

Once you arrive, you will never want to leave! We can almost guarantee that you will book your next hunt prior to leaving!

***If you are interested in booking your next hunt with us, we would be happy to provide you with our new business SPECIAL RATE . For each hunt booked, we will provide a complimentary 7 day non-resident fishing license. We look forward to hearing from you and becoming your #1 outfitter!
    Mike Watson
    Professional Guide/Owner- Dead Bear Walking Outfitters Inc.

Come as a client, leave as a friend

Checked out your site, looks pretty good, I see you are just getting started hope you do well.
    Great to see a family operation and that you get the kids involved

657b-1024x683.jpg
    Mike and Tammy with their 3 sons, Josh, Tyler and Devin

About Dead Bear Walking Outfitters

Established in 2016, we are a family run black bear outfitter focusing on small groups of hunters. We believe in handling small numbers of people which gives each client a better hunting experience and we can spend more time with each client.

Owning and operating a guiding service has been a lifelong dream of Mike’s (owner and operator). He has envisioned having such a business for many years and without a doubt, will exceed each and every one of your expectations during your stay. As a skilled hunter himself, he is very enthusiastic about giving each client a positive hunting experience.

We are committed to providing top quality adventures and guest experiences. We strive on providing the highest quality outdoor, hunting and fishing experiences while maintaining the utmost professional standard in a warm and welcoming manner. Read why you should choose to hunt with us >

YOUR GUIDE

Mike Watson was born and raised in the rural community of Harvey Station, New Brunswick. Mike is an avid outdoor sportsman who has always had nothing but love and respect for nature. If ever one is looking for him, outside is where you will find him.

He grew up hunting both big and small game- whitetail deer, moose, black bears, coyotes, rabbits, and partridge.. He has trapped for more than 25 years; sending large quantities of pelts to the fur trade each year and more recently as a nuisance wildlife control officer as well. Mike also has 18 years of guiding experience which makes him perfectly suited for an outfitting business. He is an avid fisherman who not only loves to fish but is the manager of an Atlantic salmon fish hatchery, for the past 20 years. One would think he would tire of the outdoors but his spare time is filled with outside activities with his family.

Mike has been married to his wife, Tammy since 2000. They have 3 sons. When Mike and Tammy aren’t watching their sons play sports (especially basketball) they are spending summer days tending large gardens and enjoying watching their laying hens chase bugs as they run free. They also raise their own chickens and beef to feed their growing boys. Free days are spent in the woods hunting and gathering edible mushrooms. A spare evening is spent on the local lakes and rivers in a canoe, fishing pole in hand, watching the sun set. Fall weather brings them back outdoors for tipping; tipping is snapping the branches off of fir trees to supply the local businesses of wreath making for the holiday season. Mike thinks the cool, brisk yet sunny winter days are great for throwing on a pair of snowshoes and going for a trek in the woods… each time seeing animal tracks and teaching the boys which track is which (and who’s scat is who’s!) Spring weather takes the Watson’s to a family members sugar shack. They spend weeks collecting sap and boiling it down to make fresh, delicious maple syrup, maple candy and maple butter.

OUR LOCATION

We are located in New Brunswick; NB is one of three provinces collectively known as the “Maritimes,” We are situated in the southwestern part of the province, just outside the village of Harvey Station. The village of Harvey is situated between rolling hills and is surrounded by seven lakes. The lodge is positioned on 100 acres of private wilderness overlooking the majestic Magaguadavic River.

Getting here is easy: we are within close proximity to the US border; 30 minutes from Vanceboro, Maine, 45 minutes from Calais, Maine and 1 hour and 15 minutes from Houlton, Maine. We are located 50 minutes away from the Fredericton International Airport

canada.JPG

Well thank you very much for the well wishes in success! I know it may take some time to get established but once we get started, we have great faith we will do amazing!

We have bought our 3 sons up 'the ol' fashion way'-in the woods, hunting, fishing, trapping, splitting wood, picking rocks out of gardens... not a whole lot of video games and tv for this family! I have a strong work ethic and we are instilling that into our boys!

Having almost 20 years of guiding behind me, I am confident that I know what our clients will/will not want. My wife and I will make sure that we go out of our way for our clients, treating them like family, instead of seeing the $$ behind it. We are excited to get started and build our business into a reputable one that everyone can depend on and enjoy.

Again, we appreciate your kind words.
    Mike Watson

Do you have more pictures to share or stories

We certainly do! All kinds!
    Our website is packed full of all kinds of info- you can read about what is included in our hunting packages as well as what a typical day at camp will look like. We tell about how many acres of land we have to hunt on and what meals will be served for the week.

There's different albums with trail cam photos as well as albums with fishing, hunting and trapping adventures.

On top of that, we have a blog on the website that we update very frequently- it's there that we add photos and share stories so you all get to know us better. We post updates on the lodge's progress and share personal stories as well.

Here is the link that will take you directly to the blog but make sure to check out the entire website as we have lots of information on it. If you have troubles finding your way around it, let me know and I can give you a call and we can go through it together to make sure you find everything!
    http://deadbearwalking.com/blog/
    Mike Watson

IMG_1161.jpg
    This is the North East Branch of th Magaguadavic River. Both the North East and the Magaguadavic run through our property; the same property our outfitting lodge is on. It's a beauty of a spot!
    Mike Watson

HUNT0331.jpg
    This handsome fella was captured at one of our baits
    Mike Watson