333 Tournament Trail
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gander Mountain, Subsidiaries File for Chapter 11 Reorganization

True, but one would think that, at the prices they charge, they could easily afford first rate help.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.

I think the world of retail in general is changing and companies need to change with it or go under. I can get stuff online and return it for a full refund, no questions asked. And often cheaper than it is in a brick and mortar store. Why would I buy an "extended warranty" at the store? Why wouldn't the store back the merchandise it sells, like the onlines do? I can sit at my computer and research an item. Used to be I could ask the sales clerk about an item and get the same information. Not anymore. The businesses you see dying like Gander simply have not evolved with the times, or stick doggedly to a poor business plan. Adapt or die is what it comes down to.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.

I was (out of sheer desperation) in the local Gander Mountain the other day. Four days before the opening of trout fishing season in Pennsylvania, and the store had exactly two pairs of hip boots. You could see that they employees had spread what merchandise they had around to cover up the vast empty spaces on the shelves. This store is definitely circling the drain.

The two Gander Mountain stores around my area both have "going out of business" signs on the outside of the store, and "Up to 30% off" signs posted everywhere. But you go in and everything is still too expensive.

Right 30% off after they marked it up 30%, they think us regular folks is stupid

za3.jpg

A lot of the people shopping in there look just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
    A lot of the people shopping in there look just like that.
    I know this thread is a few months old, but I definitely laughed hard at this and the picture above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12