Covert Scouting Cameras

Thread: They logged my hunting spot.

They logged my hunting spot.

Went to check my first day of rifle season spot. Same one I've been going to for 40 years. Killed at least ten deer from that stand. Well. they logged it. And by logged, I mean there is a one square mile area that looks like it was bombed. There isn't any tree thicker than a broom handle left standing (and very few of those). The saw logs are gone and the tops and branches look to have been crushed flat and left to rot. I've never seen a logging job so thorough. They even took the crappy trees like pines and hemlocks. Even a lot of the large rocks that were landmarks previously are gone. There is probably a couple hundred cords of good firewood laying around if anyone was willing to cut it. Tornados aren't this destructive. I couldn't even find my spot, let alone hunt there. Don't know what to do now. My son actually wept. One week from deer season, and I have no spot. A lifetime of tradition gone.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.

That's a kick in the nads. Sometimes progress just flat out sucks.
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!

Blog Entries
    That's sad. Was it public or private? Sounds like they overdid it.

Wow, that's brutal, someone needed money or maybe it sold and they are going to be building on it

There is a state game lands (public) right against this property. The borders of the game lands are marked with white paint on the trees. everything beyond that line is leveled. It was a privately owned tract, but a lot of people hunted on it.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Ole Boy View Post
    Wow, that's brutal, someone needed money or maybe it sold and they are going to be building on it
    Somebody made a boatload of money.

No doubt, probably was in the family for many years

Based on the fact that it was never posted, I believe so. Maybe someone died and the heirs sold it. I don't know, it just looks horrible.

It looks like crap now, but just wait about 4 years, it will be a deer Haven jungle