FHUSA Gear ABC

Thread: Thanks

Thanks

I had the privilege of hunting a privately owned farm that a guy I work with invited me to hunt with him and his sons. While neither I nor my son killed anything, the day was fantastic. I did see 17 deer and my son, 25. The weather was great as was the company. Private land hunting in Pennsylvania is DRASTICALLY different than hunting public ground. Thanks to Rodney C. (who almost certainly wont see this) for the honor. My son and I had great day.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.

Wow, that's a lot of deer to see, I could imagine a huge difference in private and public land hunting

Nice timing after you lost that other hunting property. Just make sure to thank the guy properly for affording you and your son the opportunity to hunt the farm!
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad 2 The Bone View Post
    Nice timing after you lost that other hunting property. Just make sure to thank the guy properly for affording you and your son the opportunity to hunt the farm!
    Oh, no doubt. I also volunteered to hang posted signs around the property with him and help maintain and rebuild stands.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Ole Boy View Post
    Wow, that's a lot of deer to see, I could imagine a huge difference in private and public land hunting
    The guy had the place logged a couple times since he bought it, and there are some thick places. Consequently, there are a lot of deer there. I saw another dozen Saturday, and missed one. The difference between public land and private land hunting around here is immense. It changes the entire hunting experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
    The guy had the place logged a couple times since he bought it, and there are some thick places. Consequently, there are a lot of deer there. I saw another dozen Saturday, and missed one. The difference between public land and private land hunting around here is immense. It changes the entire hunting experience.
    Kinda makes hunting just a little more fun when you actually see deer in your area!
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!

Yeah, I was surprised how much more fun it is when you see more than one deer a week.