FHUSA Gear ABC

Thread: 6.5 Creedmoor

6.5 Creedmoor

Anybody have a rifle chambered for this caliber? How does it shoot? I'm getting one for my son for deer hunting. Seems like a light recoil caliber with good range and accuracy, from what I've read.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.

Sorry I have no idea

My buddy got one over the summer. Can't recall the make/model. It does shoot nice and is pretty darn accurate. I just have trouble buying firearms in all those 'none standard' calibers. You never know when that ammo will be all but impossible to find anywhere.
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!

That was a concern. It runs about 25 dollars a box, but I haven't looked for it yet.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.

Update. I did get my son that 6.5 for xmas. Savage Axis 2. Today was the first time we got the chance to shoot it. Wow. Even before we got the scope dialed in, it was MOA (just not on target). A couple of adjustments and my son (a 13 year old with limited shooting experience) was shooting one inch groups almost dead on. This is the best out of the box rifle I've ever purchased. I didn't tweak anything (other than dialing in the scope) and I just shot the regular ammo that Dicks had on the shelf. I'm trying to imagine what premium ammo and a higher magnification scope would do. If the guy I bought it off of had another at the price I paid ($275), I'd buy it tomorrow. As it is, there is definitely one in my future. Nobody is gonna mistake it for a Tikka or a Weatherby, but it shoots and that's all that matters to me.

I guessing that those MOA groups were at 100 yds, right? Savage rifles are pretty darn accurate. They're 'All go and not much show' if you know what I mean. A buddy of mine just built a .224 Valkyre (AR15 platform). Haven't shot it yet but if it shoots as good as it looks he'll be stylin' and profilin'.

IMG_71801.jpg
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!

Yes, 100 yards. We're gonna try the 200 yard bench the next time we are out. The shooting range is up by my camp, so it wont be anytime soon.

That is awesome, it will be interesting to see what you do at 200

I cant wait to try. Then get a left handed one for myself.