FHUSA Gear ABC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This year

This year

I was out once. Managed to lure a hen into the decoys, but she didn't have a boyfriend. This is a tough time of year because fishing started a couple weeks ago, so theres not enough time to do everything. My choice for cutting something out of my life to make time for what is important would be to quit going to work, but I cant convince the mortgage company and the utilities that they should let me slide.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.

Another sit yesterday morning. Same result, except I did hear one in the distance this time.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.

So far it sounds like a repeat of last year! lol
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!

Yeah, that's what it was.

I was in the same place as last year, but the gobblers were a lot quieter this year.

Maybe you need a new spot, that's a bummer but I always here folks say it is about just being out in the woods.
    That is a line from the ones who did not shoot anything, like when you go fishing and say it's not about catching fish but just being on the water.
    Right, I got up at 5 am to just go be on the water, it that was the case then why not just go in the afternoon.

Well, I do enjoy being in the woods, and I do worry a lot less about killing during turkey season than I do during deer season. But I can enjoy the woods any day, I want to shoot a long beard in May.

Quote Originally Posted by Danesdad View Post
    Well, I do enjoy being in the woods, and I do worry a lot less about killing during turkey season than I do during deer season. But I can enjoy the woods any day, I want to shoot a long beard in May.

DING! Time's up. How'd you do?
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!

I would have to say skunked

Well apparently he wasn't 'turkey-ed.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast