Covert Scouting Cameras

Thread: My favorite still water trout rig

My favorite still water trout rig

In lakes and deeper ponds the rig I love to use for trout is as follows, it's basically a slip sinker rig with a small Tylenol capsule sized float on the leader to float the bait off the bottom, plus I have a long needle and syringe that I thread the night crawler on the needle from the collar to the long end, then you put the end of the needle of the point of the hook and push the nightcrawler onto the hook and leader. Then pull the plunger back on the syringe, insert the needle into the end of the nightcrawler hanging off the hook, and out a small shot of air in it. Cast it out on the bottom and your in business

Wow, that's a whole lot of riggin' right there. I'm not much on fishing myself. I'm a bobber, hook and worm kinda guy. lol
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad 2 The Bone View Post
    Wow, that's a whole lot of riggin' right there. I'm not much on fishing myself. I'm a bobber, hook and worm kinda guy. lol
    It's really actually not that complicated, I use this rig in allot of bottom fishing from the bank scenarios, in Nebraska you are allowed two rods, I will rig one up that way, and the other with either a slip sinker rig with no float, so the bait lies right on the bottom, or a crappie, or high low rig. That is the weight on the end of the line and then a smelled hook about a foot above the weight, then another a foot above that. Put a different bait on each hook

I used to fish a lot when I was a kid on the Gasconade River in Missouri. Rubber Weedless Worm, Hula-Popper, Rapala Minnow, or Live Bait was about it. Well, that and running trout lines.
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!