Covert Scouting Cameras

Thread: Handguns

Blog Entries

Handguns

I guessing some of you have first hand experience with this but I thought I would share for the rest of the world.

This was posted on the Hardin County Sheriff Department's Facebook page today.
    It said:
    Which of these 5 guns are pellet/airsoft guns? Can you pick them out? I’ll post the answer later today. See numbered picture in the comments!

Here is the first photo. The second is an updated one with the numbers.

guns number Hardin Post 1.jpg

guns number Hardin Post.jpg

I think 1,4,and 5 are pellet guns. But, I'm not 100% sure.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.

I would be easier to tell if you were looking at the muzzle. I guess 1, 4, and possibly 5 would be my guess as well. Are the hammer's cocked on 1 and 5 some kind of hint?

I'll tell you what, though, if any of those handguns were pointed in my direction, I'd be throwing REAL bullets back at them!
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad 2 The Bone View Post
    I would be easier to tell if you were looking at the muzzle. I guess 1, 4, and possibly 5 would be my guess as well. Are the hammer's cocked on 1 and 5 some kind of hint?

I'll tell you what, though, if any of those handguns were pointed in my direction, I'd be throwing REAL bullets back at them!
    No doubt, someone points anyone of those at me and I am sorry but mine is real and if theirs is not I can not be at fault.
    There has been a few police shooting where the person had a bb gun and everyone went crazy about it but I can guarantee if they were in the position they would have done the same.
    It's easy after the fact to say but it was only a bb gun

I've heard of stories of gang-bangers painting the tips of real handguns bright orange to make them appear to be toy guns. Then with polymer guns now with different color frames, who the heck knows if it's a real handgun or not? So, the moral of the story is; if you plan on pointing any handgun at someone, expect to get shot.
    Hoyt - Daniel Defense - Ford Trucks - Harley Davidson - Jim Beam - Copenhagen. Life is good!

Blog Entries
    Sorry I didn't follow back up on this quicker.

So here is what the Hardin County Sheriff Department said.

One of these guns was found near a residential area, one was found in a local lodge by the owner, the other was removed from a suspect when he was taken into custody. The other two are duty weapons that belong to our deputies.

The answer is 1, 3 & 4 are FAKE. 2 & 5 are real. Think about that for a second. If you can’t tell, how would a deputy be able to in making a split second decision that his life or another’s depend on?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad 2 The Bone View Post
    I've heard of stories of gang-bangers painting the tips of real handguns bright orange to make them appear to be toy guns. Then with polymer guns now with different color frames, who the heck knows if it's a real handgun or not? So, the moral of the story is; if you plan on pointing any handgun at someone, expect to get shot.
    I might say, don't point a gun at me unless you intend to shoot me And, for your sake, you'd better be accurate.
    What appears bad manners, an ill temper, or cynicism is always a sign of things no ears have heard, no eyes have seen. You do not know what wars are going on down there where the spirit meets the bone.